Quicken just closes for no reason

Options

Similar post was closed. This happened about a month ago and again today (10/7/23) after the program updated to version R52.28.

No error or other issue. After a number of transaction entries, I went to Google to visit a web site and my Quicken window just closed. I restarted an my last entry was there, so nothing lost; this is just very concerning.

I use Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19045

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @BobInJupiter,

To help track down the cause of this issue, could you please provide more information? When did you first notice this issue? Is there any pattern to when the program unexpectedly closes (for instance, is it always after updating to a newer version, or happens only when the program is minimized, etc)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Destry1234
    Options

I'm on Window 11 and I'm having the same issue since upgrading to Quicken version R52.28. Quicken just randomly closes after I open it and do the One Step Update. When I click on an account, it just closes. I re-open Quicken and it works fine.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    • Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem, started last week. It has happened 3 times so far, most recently was just now. I ran OSU, it downloaded new transactions for Discover Card and a Stifel investment account. I clicked on Discover Card to accept the downloaded transactions and Quicken closed. No error message, it was simply gone. I restarted it. It still had the downloaded transactions and I was able to accept them.

I don't remember if this was the same pattern as the previous 2 times.

Quicken 51.12, Windows 10.

This discussion has been closed.