Tags in tax schedule

Options
Hc_0
Hc_0 Member

I am using the latest (as of 10 Oct 2023) Quicken Classic Starter Edition on Windows 10.

For a Tax Schedule report there is no "Tag" column and Customize > Show Columns does not offer Tag as an option (see screen shot). I have tags defined and they are not marked as "Hide". At least one entry for the report period has a non-blank tag.

This worked for me a year ago. Has something changed? Am I missing something?

Best Answer

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is the Tag column available in last year’s report? If so, I would start with that, Update for this year, and save the updated report using the current year in its name.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tags are not supported in the Starter Edition.

I believe if you began with a higher edition using tags and the downgraded to Starter, the existing use of tags was maintained but reporting abilities are limited to non-existent.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is the Tag column available in last year’s report? If so, I would start with that, Update for this year, and save the updated report using the current year in its name.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Hc_0
    Hc_0 Member
    Options

My previous version was some stand-alone Windows edition. It may have been called "Deluxe".

@mshiggins: Your approach of starting with an older report and modifying it worked! Thanks for the workaround. Very clever!

This discussion has been closed.