Transaction Date field missing from certain reports

Options
Joey
Joey Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Reports (Windows)

The Date field recently went missing from certain Quicken reports. I reported it a while ago but no word on a fix. Is anyone else having this problem and/or found a workaround? Attached are two screenshots that illustrate the problem using the Itemized Categories report as an example. The first screenshot shows where the Date field should appear in the report's Settings; the other shows the report itself with the Date field missing.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you arrive at the Customize … panel as shown in your first image, click the "Reset columns" button.
    Does that restore the view and the resulting report?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Joey,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

First, backup your Quicken file.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you arrive at the Customize … panel as shown in your first image, click the "Reset columns" button.
    Does that restore the view and the resulting report?

• kircos
    kircos Member
    Options

Thank you. The same thing happened to me today. Super Validate worked, but I did have to 'Customize" the report to add the date column back to the report

• Joey
    Joey Member ✭✭
    Options

The Reset Columns button did the trick! Incidentally, for others with the same issue, neither regular nor super validate helped. Thanks everyone for the help!! I'm back in business.

This discussion has been closed.