URGENT HELP -- Tax return due on Mon; some categories are gone when the Classic

Options
PBMom
PBMom Member ✭✭

I'm on Windows. I need urgent help. I don't know what version I was using prior to this but it was the most recent one up to sometime in the wee hours of 10/10/23 when I was just putting in my stuff. I looked over and I saw Quicken Classic downloading. This is my business and home taxes. It appears to have all my customer invoices in there, but the sales tax it doesn't allow me to get the number because the category no longer exists. I see it existing when I look at a sample entry, for me is PayPalFees, and I looked to see if it accidentally got hidden, but that wasn't the case. I have a busy schedule Thursday to Saturday where I will be working from 6 am until 10:30 pm and will only have time to try to get this tax return done on Friday, but I'm still entering stuff. My husband can't help because he doesn't understand Quicken. My old file in my backup folder was one I created with the prior software and it is from Mon Oct 9 at 5:04 am (yes I was still up trying to get the numbers for the tax return. I don't make that much money, but I still have to report it. That means everything I put in the rest of Oct 9 through I think I was up working until Oct 10 after midnight. I don't know what to do. I don't think I could backtrack and try to figure out where I left off yesterday. I think maybe it was putting in some of the invoice amounts, but I'm not sure. I don't even know if I can get the old file to work. I don't know what to do. Please help.

PS: Also, I discovered the payments that previously were in the private car loan are now in my "customer invoices." Some of the information from 2022 was now erased so in one case it only goes up to 2021. And all my entries for mileage is now totally gone.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would:

• Create a new backup file without replacing your 10/09 backup.
    • Validate and Repair the current file. See if that clears up the categories and accounts.
    • If not,
      • Click the "All Transactions" at the top of the account bar, typically on the left hand side of the screen.
      • Click the gear option to customize that listing of transaction. Sorting Options, Order Entered
      • Filter to an appropriate time frame (30, 60, 90 days maybe)
      • Ctrl-P to print that set of transactions. Hopefully, that encompasses what you have done in the last few days.
      • Now you can restore the 10/09 backup and (hopefully) have the data rebuild what might have been lost.

Hope that helps in some fashion.

This discussion has been closed.