UBS brokerage transactions don't include cash balances

Options
Tom Guild
Tom Guild Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I have used Quicken a long time and recently decided to "rebuild" my information to remove very old transactions from long-closed accounts. Some of my current accounts are with UBS, and since these accounts are very active (lots of buy/sell etc) and I'm not using Quicken for tax planning (I have someone to do this for me) I decided to choose the "Simple Investing" setting when I created my new database. My old database didn't use that option. Now my UBS brokerage accounts don't show a cash balance, and the balance showing is therefore inaccurate (as far as "current value" is concerned). I've tried the "show cash in a checking account" option, but that hasn't worked. I've tried "update cash balance" - a way of manually entering the amounts. That works until the next day when I update, and the "cash balance" vanishes.

With my other brokerage accounts (Schwab, for example) this is not an issue. Quicken downloads a cash balance and displays it as part of the portfolio.

In trying to make my Quicken experience easier, I've inadvertently made it much harder to get a real handle on our UBS accounts. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks! Tom G

I use Quicken Classic Premier for Windows V R52.28

This discussion has been closed.