Checking Account Beginning and Ending Balances WRONG In Accounts Now

Options
Patrice Lockhart
Patrice Lockhart Member ✭✭

I am horrified. I just finished going back for 2 years to ensure my checking account statements beginning and ending balances are the same as they show in my Quicken account. I can tell you for sure that I have been meticulous in checking this and they have matched PERFECTLY. I check off the beginning and ending with a check mark on each statement. Now all of a sudden they are NOT MATCHING. This is terrible. They all did match and now I can't figure out how to get them back to the way they were before. Are the developers of Quicken out to scare us to death? Let's get this fixed so I don't have to go back to the beginning of using Quicken, like 1998, to get this to work.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

There have been random issues with the very beginning Opening Balance getting changed to some other amount.

We have suggested that you change it back to what it should be -
    and then COPY the Amount into the Memo Field for future safe keeping, in case its not obvious it is not zero….
    Do this for all your accounts -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Patrice Lockhart
    Patrice Lockhart Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

You want me to go back and re-reconcile years of statements? Are you nuts? I reconcile my statements in extreme detail. I make sure that the ending balance of the last statement is correct and that the beginning and ending balances of the next month statement are correct. I want a DONE reconcile of zero, with no errors, before I move on. If I do have a less or more amount left, I go back and fix it before I move on to the next month. I have been doing this for decades.

Suddenly, Quicken decides to change the software and all my perfect reconciliations are wrong. Gee, do you think I should call the bank and tell them they made a mistake in my statement? My bank has 3.5 million customers.

Both of these statements, the 2021 and the 2023, were perfectly entered and reconciled with no issues. But you can see that now the 2023 is no longer reconciled correctly. I work with my statement up on a second monitor as a pdf when I am reconciling. Each entry is done carefully and checked off twice, on the statement, before I finish. When I am done, I save the marked up statement and I attach it in Quicken to the last entry of the month. I do NOT want to have to go through statements, all over again, that were working perfectly.

Classic Quicken has corrupted the entries. If this were a big business and you did this to them, do think you would have the nerve to blame the business?

Please recover these errors in the software, I am not the only person suffering this.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HUH -
    You want me to go back and re-reconcile years of statements? Are you nuts? 

We said go back to the very beginning Opening Balance - and to see if it got randomly changed by Quicken -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.