citizens bank requiring a verification code to download/update

Options
MG99
MG99 Member ✭✭

seeing this morning that my citizen's bank account downloads are now requiring a verification code every time i update/download. are others seeing the same? it wasnt this way yesterday/in the past.

Is there a fix/suggestion to eliminate this.

thank you

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again,

This issue has been escalated internally, and is now considered a known issue, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. Please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• dlipetz
    dlipetz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here - connects after 2FA but says there are no non-zero accounts

• spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. Does not download and I know there are transactions to be downloaded!

• cdotger
    cdotger Member ✭✭
    Options

I am seeing the same issue… Just started today

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello All,

Aside from being prompted for 2FA, could you please elaborate as to what exactly occurs when the download fails? Do you receive any specific error code(s) and/message(s) that you can provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know so we can investigate this further! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• cdotger
    cdotger Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

For me, I try and update, it is now asking for an MFA code for citizens, I receive and enter and I get a cc-601

I can login to the citizens site just fine , both mobile and desktop. This just started today… All worked fine yesterday

• BillRunsBrook
    Options

I'm getting the exact same thing. Disconnecting and trying to reactivate teh account did not work.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Thank you for following up!

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• cdotger
    cdotger Member ✭✭
    Options

Done… Looks like by default Quicken only accepts up to 10 files, but all of the default files highlighted with screen shot is over 10, so I needed to exclude 1 log file.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello again,

This issue has been escalated internally, and is now considered a known issue, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. Please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• ltwilliger926
    Options

I was on the phone with Citizens Bank this morning regarding a different 2-step authentication issue. In Quicken, it was sending the code to my landline phone and not my cell phone. I got that issue resolved, and then when I tried to download my transactions in Quicken, I got the same error message described in the messages above. I was told that it is a known issue, and they are working on it.

• cmr
    cmr Member
    Options

Definitely broken with the last Quicken Update. It's like nobody tests this stuff at Quicken before releasing an update. On average the software updates break online connectivity function 3-4 times per year. Instead of rushing to push out new features, focus on not breaking what works first. That's what customers care about.

===

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-101

Details:

CP_SCRIPT_ERROR

General error. xuthToken token Value is empty in otp flow

• ciocona
    ciocona Member
    Options

As of this morning, although I am receiving QBO emails telling me it is resolved, I am still getting error code 101 after I enter the validation code that is sent to me via text message. Also, when I am prompted to select how I would like to receive the validation code, I am presented with my correct cell phone number (text or phone), plus another telephone number that I do not recognize.

• mcadenillas
    mcadenillas Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. I got as far as a call to me with a verification code. That never worked. I then tried clicking fix it but that also failed. Now I'm getting a CC-503 error and told to try again in 24 hours. I'm on chat now this Saturdat morning. No far how I'll get with chat support or if they will claim to be aware of the issue.

• mcadenillas
    mcadenillas Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi again. I just got off the phone with Citizens Bank support. They are telling me that they have stopped supporting Quicken starting now. Please confirm if this is true.

• Lynn Dracup
    Lynn Dracup Member ✭✭
    Options

quicken acts like its updating my main checking account at citizens, but its not actually bringing anything over. When i try to reset the connection it fails & says its not my fault … not helpful - i knew that - i need the stupid program to work - it worked perfectly (finally) for 2 downloads before the citizens merger this spring but ever since then it's one headache after another.

• msbuller
    msbuller Member
    Options

Same issue with Citizens for me. Asks for 2FA and then gets an error code

CP_SCRIPT_ERROR (FDP-101)

• paulcarson412
    paulcarson412 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I get this error after entering the code for 2 factor: $app_build_number: 703.50456.100
    $app_version_string: 7.3.2
    $model: iMac18,3
    $os_version: 13.6
    $screen_height: 1440
    $screen_width: 2560
    aggregator: FDP
    app_bundle_identifier: com.quicken.Quicken
    clientDocumentId: 0C4F65E3-56C4-49B4-AA7E-6AE0691B32F4
    cloudStatus: 32
    current_appearance: light
    current_version_crash_count: 0
    dataset_creation_date: 2023-10-02 22:21:49 +0000
    dataset_id: 400066320763808000
    dataset_platform: QMAC
    date (EDT): 2023-10-14 17:52:37
    date (GMT): 2023-10-14 21:52:37
    date (PST): 2023-10-14 14:52:37
    desktopFileGuid: 0C4F65E3-56C4-49B4-AA7E-6AE0691B32F4
    document_qcs_id: 31061439202298880
    documentDisplayName: [Removed - Personal Information]
    documentUserId: [Removed - Personal Information]
    documentUserName: [Removed - Personal Information]
    early_access: 0
    installation_id: 8873912B-16D5-4CCA-8AE1-46525C95A9F0
    last30days_crash_count: 0
    last48hours_crash_count: 0
    launch_id: 72C41C8A-84D4-4D3E-AE61-2A8D8CE3B153
    localTimeZone: [Removed - Personal Information]
    mp_device_model: iMac18,3
    rawAggregatorPref: fdp
    receiptUserId: [Removed - Personal Information]
    receiptUserName: [Removed - Personal Information]
    subscriber: Subscribed
    syncNewAccounts: 1
    system_appearance: light
    systemTimeZone: [Removed - Personal Information]
    tier: Deluxe
    tier_country: US
    total_crash_count: 0
    userTypeV2: WINBACK_LEGACY

errors count: 1

error #1
    level: 4 (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
    add account error

suggestion:
    Try again later.

system description:
    institution login: can't setup (MFA response problem)

BID: 118

FI name: Citizens

request:
    {
    "mfaResponses" : [
    {
    "key" : "Rr/iKs3yG/krmm2pcdUDbagfS4xV+dVxuu7TQlLOg1vdoVqb8C9C+MB8bWvlclKb",
    "response" : "959127"
    }
    ]
    }

response:
    {
    "status" : "AGGREGATION_IN_PROGRESS",
    "institutionLoginId" : "401802753224567040",
    "isProcessing" : true
    }

pollResponse:
    {
    "status" : "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR",
    "aggregators" : [
    {
    "channel" : "FDP_DEFAULT",
    "cpAggStatusCode" : "FDP-101",
    "aggStatus" : "CP_SCRIPT_ERROR",
    "isProcessing" : false,
    "cpAggStatusDetail" : "General error. xuthToken token Value is empty in otp flow"
    }
    ],
    "mode" : "DISCOVER_AND_ADD_ACCOUNTS",
    "institutionLoginId" : "401802753224567040",
    "isProcessing" : false
    }

• paulcarson412
    paulcarson412 Member ✭✭
    Options

Also this is the abbreviated error: Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-101

Details:
    CP_SCRIPT_ERROR

• rickt
    rickt Member
    Options

Having the same issue. Started Friday evening eastern time US. Same CC-601 error after entering codes.

When Quicken prompts for the code it presents me a couple phone numbers for text or call. Strangely they show my current home number, the number at an old house I moved out of 10 years ago, and an old mobile number from close to 20 years ago. The old numbers are not in my Citizens profile so not sure from where they are pulling these.

• ciocona
    ciocona Member
    Options

Today, when I tried connecting to Citizens, there is a message that it is under maintenance until 10/17/23 at 2:30PM. Good news if it means this issue is being fixed.

• spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That is a very optimistic answer! 👍️

• qkn958
    qkn958 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to download transactions from Citizens's website (filtered the date range only) in 'Quicken using WebConnect' format and import it to Quicken. Balances in Quicken and online matched. I did not edit anything in Quicken for the accounts. I remember I had to do the same thing back in April.

• TGee
    TGee Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having Citizens Bank errors that began on Oct 13. It asks how to send me a verification code. I select my phone number. I get and enter the code. Then I get the error "CC-601 We cannot find an account with non-zero balance or with any transactions in the last 12 months."

• maryellenwalter
    maryellenwalter Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Quicken Anja Moderator modOctober 13 edited October 13

It has been brought to our attention that users trying to connect with Citizens Bank are receiving a CC-601/FDP-101 error.

This has been escalated internally and our teams are working with Citizens Bank to resolve this. However, we do not have an ETA at this time.

To be notified of updates as they become available, please click the bookmark ribbon located in the upper right. If you do not see the bookmark ribbon, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community. 

Thank you!
    (Ticket #10493383/CTP-7810)

• Kris in CT
    Kris in CT Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same 2FA issue using Quicken windows version. Sad really because I recently switched from Quicken MacBook version when other unrelated features broke on the Mac after a Quicken Mac update. Will hope for a fix soon and try again in a week. For now I will just manually mark what has cleared and reconcile.

• mcadenillas
    mcadenillas Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried again tonight - Sunday. Now I'm getting a CC-800 error. Is anyone else seeing this?

• vpiccoli
    vpiccoli Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue. Started Friday morning (CC-601) even error after entering codes.

NOTE: When prompted for a transmission method for the 2FA code, I am presented with 2 different numbers, one of which I don't recognize but has the same area code (The exchange is reported as XXX). The other number is not in my Citizens profile, but it is in fact a number to which I have access.

• erwiest
    erwiest Member ✭✭
    Options

Another situation (in September, it was accounts managed by Elan) where the financial institution changes its website and Quicken (which seems now to be using EWC as a euphemism for scraping) can't keep up. In practice, we're paying Quicken's current owners annual maintenance fees then finding ourselves caught in these problems. There has to be a better way.

• MagicPinball
    MagicPinball Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue. Getting CC-601 error on multiple accounts at Citizens Bank.

When will this be corrected?

This discussion has been closed.