Quicken not loading data file

Options
bpelle
bpelle Member

Hi, Quicken not loading data file today. Using Windows subscription version.

Downloaded and installed latest update. Not resolved. Downloaded and installed Quicken. Not resolved.

Attempted to use Quicken Online but receive server error and transactions downloading message constant.

Just asked me to renew subscription which I've done.

[Edit - Removed Personally Identifiable Information from Screenshot]

Answers

• bpelle
    bpelle Member
    Options

Restarted computer again. Still not loading data file.

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am unable to load my data files as well.

Interestingly, mine will load if I turn off internet access. Once loaded, I turned on the internet and the One Step Update wouldn't run.

Me thinks that Quicken servers are on the fritz.

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

bpelle,

Turn off your wireless connection and see if the data file will load.

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am back up and running.

• bpelle
    bpelle Member
    Options

John@113, Quicken back up and running after doing nothing more than renewing subscription. Normally auto renews. Quicken On the Web working as well.

Thank you

• TCL Peter Rabbit
    Options

appears some issue with accessing Quicken servers as I have the same problem loading the data file. disconnect from internet lets the file load.

• jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I previously experienced this issue, which possibly seemed related to Online Billers. I had to restore a backup from a few weeks prior and redo everything without adding the online billers again. This happened to me back in June. Turning off the internet temporarily allowed me to load the data file, but I experienced issues with the one-step update process.

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

• TCL Peter Rabbit
    Options

I waited a short time. tried again - everything seems to be resolved. Would suggest Quicken add code to detect when there are issues contacting Quicken servers, let you load the file but with a warning that online services are unavailable.

• bpelle
    bpelle Member
    Options

Thanks everyone. I will assume that in this case it was the subscription renewal as I was able to get back up and running after making payment.

This discussion has been closed.