Citizens One Home Loan failing two factor authorization

Options
Steve DaVanzo
Steve DaVanzo Member ✭✭

I am using Quicken for Mac Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100) with MacOs of 13.6 After the latest update to the build shown, Citizen (through Quicken) asks for a two factor authorization. The authorization is properly delivered to my cell phone. I added the authorization number to Quicken and it attempted to connect to Citizens One. It failed with the error: "QuickenCitizens One Home Loan(xxxxxxxx) - Error FDP-101 (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR -  General error. xuthToken token Value is empty in otp flow)"

This is the first time I have been asked for two factor authorization through Quicken. I was never asked before the latest update.

Comments

• gburlingame
    gburlingame Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem.

• OracleJavaNet
    OracleJavaNet Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been receiving this error since the 13th. Quicken / Citizens Bank, please provide an update. I anticipated that this would have been resolved over the weekend. It shouldn't take this long.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Other than the reported on-going issue with the bank …

Just my 2cents' worth …
    I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage accounts for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment from your checking account.
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up as offline credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category name seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018 and newer
    you should be able to deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register. And you should also review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• OracleJavaNet
    OracleJavaNet Member ✭✭
    Options

How is this related to the "Citizens One Home Loan failing two factor authorization" error?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, if you don't have to logon from Quicken to the bank's website just to get information about one transaction per month, you won't get the 2FA prompt. Problem circumvented.

If you're concerned about making your monthly payments on time, I recommend you logon directly to the bank's website from a browser and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account. The bank's computer system will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• OracleJavaNet
    OracleJavaNet Member ✭✭
    Options

Your comment describes the particular use case which coincides with the OP's account in Quicken: QuickenCitizens One Home Loan(xxxxxxxx) - making monthly payments on time. In my case, I have 3 Citizens accounts that cannot refresh via Direct Connect (Checking/Savings/Credit Card). None of them can be refreshed via Direct Connect. The issue started on the 13th and we are now on the 16th. This is far too long to wait for a programatic fix to the problem - conform to the authentication APIs.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't wait for someone to invent a magic wand.
    To make your payment on time forget trying to use Bill Manager Quick Pay. Instead, make payment from the loan account's website and allow payment to automatically debited from your checking account this month and all future months. Let the bank's computer do all the work you and you'll never be late making payments.

• OracleJavaNet
    OracleJavaNet Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken / Citizens Bank finally fixed the authentication APIs. Direct Connect is working again.

This discussion has been closed.