Stock quotes won't update

Options
Billy F
Billy F Member

Stock quotes won't update in latest version of Quicken Classic for Windows. One Step Update says it updated quotes, but it doesn't. Problem has existed since 23 Sep 2023, the last time I was able to update quotes.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Billy F,

To better assist you with this issue, could you please provide more information? Are none of the stock quotes getting updated, or is it only some? Have you checked to make sure all the stocks you want updated have been selected? You can do that by clicking on the blue "select quotes" link under Online services in the One Step Update settings screen.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Billy F
    Billy F Member
    Options

All 15 Stock quotes are not being updated. All have been selected. One Step Update says all 15 have been updated, but none have. OSU also says it is having trouble connecting with Navy Federal Credit Union. Spent several hours talking with Quicken Help guys on the 6th. They said Quicken knows about the stock updates not working and are working on it. Any status?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Billy F
    Billy F Member
    Options

I've signed out, signed back in, rebooted computer, uninstalled Quicken, then installed fresh. All dozens of times. Can't download quotes. Turned off VPN and Firewall. No updates. Talked with Quicken Support guys for hours on 6 Oct. They finally said they found something in Quicken that said Quicken knows about the problem and is working on it. Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, am I?

• webdeck
    webdeck Member ✭✭
    Options

You are not alone. I've been having the same issue off and on for several weeks.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Pan4dora
    Pan4dora Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. It says it updates but not one quote changes. I've had to do it manually for over a week which is very tedious and time consuming. I called Quicken support and the guy told me they have no time-frame for a fix. I told him the automatic updates are the only reason I continue to pay the annual fee. He offered to cancel my subscription and give me a refund. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.