My tenant pays rent via Zelle

Options

The rent is downloaded to my computer when I do an update.

When I got to the Rental Property tab it states that she has never paid rent and it is past due.

How do match her downloaded payments to the information in the Rental Peroperty Tab

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    • Set the downloading in your checking account to NOT automatically accept downloaded transactions.
    • Review each downloaded transaction before accepting it.
    • But before you do, for a Zelle deposit, go to the Rent Center and record a rent payment received for this tenant. A transaction appears in your checking account register.
    • Back in the checking account register, the status of this downloaded deposit should have changed to Match regardless of the fact that the downloaded payee name does not exactly match the Tenant name in Rent Center.
      Click to accept the downloaded transaction.
    • Repeat for all other downloaded transactions. Review, categorize, change as necessary and accept.

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?

There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
    - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
    - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

This discussion has been closed.