Has anyone else received an identity verification failure for the new ACH backup payment method?

Options
HJR
HJR Member ✭✭✭

This morning Quicken implemented an ACH method of payment that apparently is suppose to be a backup to QuickPay should that fail. It asks you to verify your phone number and then asks for verification of your name, address, date of birth and last 4 of your social security number. Well it failed and I got a message if it failed there is nothing Quicken can do. I spent time online with Quicken Support which as you probably guessed did not provide a solution before my chat was dropped. Anyone else having this issue or success.

Comments

• hfa1
    hfa1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem. It already had all the information filled in except my social 4 digits and birthday. Now what?

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

yep same here. Hopefully Quicken will figure out there is another whole in their logistical plan.

bring back the original Bill Pay. It was dependable and worked.

• cawatson22
    cawatson22 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same problem and believe that it was caused by executing the "new feature" BEFORE updating to the latest update (Version: R52.332 Build: 23.1.52.33). I believe that the software to "add the feature" failed to properly detect that the revised software was not in place (???)

Need Quicken to provide a "recovery method" for users who have been caught in the sloppy programing trap.

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That's interesting, I did upgrade before executing the new feature. However, my version and build are both different than yours. After the upgrade I have version R52.33; Build 27.1.52.33. That makes things even more interesting and confusing.

• Bob Sprowls
    Bob Sprowls Member ✭✭
    Options

My attempt ended when Quicken brought up an old address, which made me uncomfortable. I checked everywhere within the Quicken realm and my address has been updated in all of them. I think I am going to just allow this to work its way through the system. i can go online and pay any bill that fails using Quick Pay, but it hasn't failed for us yet.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

If you've missed the small banner message about the new ACH alternate payment method and have not completed the setup process yet, you can restart this process by going into the Bills, Income & Transfers view and clicking the gear icon.
    Select "Additional Quick Pay connections" to read up on the new process and perform the setup. Once setup is complete, this selection disappears.
    Be patient when you start the setup process. It may take several seconds for the Terms of Use Agreement view to load with text.

Also see https://www.quicken.com/support/increased-quick-pay-reliability

• HShap
    HShap Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. Is there a way to reset the process so you can start over?

• HShap
    HShap Member ✭✭
    Options

Is there a way to restart this process if it already failed (although I have no idea why)?

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I spent time with Quicken Support yesterday asking the same thing. That attempt was futile. They, nor the people they rely on for answers, certainly were not educated on this feature before it was rolled out.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seems that this process is "so hot out of the oven, they haven't even had time to put the icing on top of it" …

If the ACH setup process failed or if it contains outdated or incorrect information, until further notice, you will have to contact Quicken Support (preferably on the phone) to have this process escalated. Someone at Quicken will have to make an update to your ACH information on the server, however that's done.
    At this time and until I hear different … the support people are being trained about what to do.
    And I sincerely hope that the programmers are working on a process in Quicken to allow users to update their ACH information.

Stay tuned.

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Seems like a premature release if support personnel have not been trained or a means to resolve these types of issues aren't in place.

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Well today I spent 58 minutes talking with Quicken Support. To sum up my conversation, if the ACH verification fails there is nothing they can do to reinstate the process. QuickPay will continue to work, well we all know how dependable that is, but we will never be able to rely on their ACH implementation. I know how absurd that sounds but over the years that I've been a customer it no longer surprises me. 💩

This discussion has been closed.