Investment Account Transaction Register not displaying

Options
DLS
DLS Member ✭✭

From the Portfolio Window, I click on an Account wherein I used to get the transaction register. The same action is done for a new account just added I get a window displaying 4 cards - Security, Top Movers, Portfolio by Security, and Value over Time. This only happens with the new account. What do I do to get back to the transaction register?

Thanks, Deb

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > General tab > select Complete - Positions and Transactions (in the Tracking Method box).

I would also suggest that you go to Edit > Preferences > Investments > make sure the box for Default to Simple investing for new accounts > OK so if/when you add new investment accounts they will instead by default be set up with Complete investing.

Did you previously have the register showing for this account? If so, have you had any new securities transactions that are not showing up in the register after selecting Complete investing?

If so, that is because Simple investing does not track securities transactions so they are not entered into Quicken during download. The only ways to get those missing securities transactions added into the Complete investing register is to add them manually or to restore a backup file from just before your account changed to Simple investing and then do OSU to get the missing transactions downloaded.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

To make sure I am understanding what you are currently seeing in the account: This is what a Simple Investing investment account screen looks like. Is this what you are seeing instead of seeing an a transactions register?

If it does look like this, then please confirm that you not only changed your Preference (per the picture file you attached to your post) but did you also select Complete - Positions and Transactions on the General tab of Account Details?

The picture you attached to your last post shows that you changed your Preference so that Simple Investing is not the default for new accounts. But that Preference does not change anything with accounts that are already set up in Quicken. To change an existing account from Simple to Complete you need to select Complete - Positions and Transactions on the General tab of Account Details and then click on OK.

If you are describing a Simple Investing investment account and if you cannot select Complete - Positions and Transactions on the General tab of Account Details, then who is your investment broker and what type of investment account is it?

BTW, OSU means One Step Update. It is the process of letting Quicken download transactions from financial institutions.

• DLS
    DLS Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You did it.

but did you also select Complete - Positions and Transactions on the General tab of Account Details? - Nope it was checked Simple - changed to Complete and the trans register is there.

Thanks so much, Boatnmaniac.

Deb

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Go to Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > General tab > select Complete - Positions and Transactions (in the Tracking Method box).

I would also suggest that you go to Edit > Preferences > Investments > make sure the box for Default to Simple investing for new accounts > OK so if/when you add new investment accounts they will instead by default be set up with Complete investing.

Did you previously have the register showing for this account? If so, have you had any new securities transactions that are not showing up in the register after selecting Complete investing?

If so, that is because Simple investing does not track securities transactions so they are not entered into Quicken during download. The only ways to get those missing securities transactions added into the Complete investing register is to add them manually or to restore a backup file from just before your account changed to Simple investing and then do OSU to get the missing transactions downloaded.

• DLS
    DLS Member ✭✭
    Options

Clearing simple investing did not do the trick - the register still missing and the cards present.

Did you previously have the register showing for this account? Not Sure. This account was created by transferring securties to it from 2 accounts. I did that manually and only looked at the Portfolio page to see if they moved and they did. If so, have you had any new securities transactions that are not showing up in the register after selecting Complete investing? Can't see the Register.

If so, that is because Simple investing does not track securities transactions so they are not entered into Quicken during download. The only ways to get those missing securities transactions added into the Complete investing register is to add them manually or to restore a backup file from just before your account changed to Simple investing and then do OSU to get the missing transactions downloaded. So I have unchecked and now need to reenter?? Won't that double the securities as they show now in the Portfolio as there? Not sure what OSU means. thanks for the help.Deb

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

To make sure I am understanding what you are currently seeing in the account: This is what a Simple Investing investment account screen looks like. Is this what you are seeing instead of seeing an a transactions register?

If it does look like this, then please confirm that you not only changed your Preference (per the picture file you attached to your post) but did you also select Complete - Positions and Transactions on the General tab of Account Details?

The picture you attached to your last post shows that you changed your Preference so that Simple Investing is not the default for new accounts. But that Preference does not change anything with accounts that are already set up in Quicken. To change an existing account from Simple to Complete you need to select Complete - Positions and Transactions on the General tab of Account Details and then click on OK.

If you are describing a Simple Investing investment account and if you cannot select Complete - Positions and Transactions on the General tab of Account Details, then who is your investment broker and what type of investment account is it?

BTW, OSU means One Step Update. It is the process of letting Quicken download transactions from financial institutions.

• DLS
    DLS Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You did it.

but did you also select Complete - Positions and Transactions on the General tab of Account Details? - Nope it was checked Simple - changed to Complete and the trans register is there.

Thanks so much, Boatnmaniac.

Deb

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

You are welcome. I am glad it worked for you.

• Goose61
    Goose61 Member
    Options

Thank you, thank you. This was driving me crazy. :)

This discussion has been closed.