Inserting transactions into investment accounts

Options
Pmar
Pmar Unconfirmed, Member

The last amount in the transaction when a transaction is changed is added. The amount should be 3199.67, but the amount that is added is 1603.36. I have to go in and manually reenter the correct amount. I tried to report the issues but quicken gives me an error when I try to enter it. This error started I went from 2017 to the paid subscription.

Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you saying that you're unable to EDIT a transaction in an investment account? What type of transaction are you trying to edit?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Pmar
    Pmar Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

No. I bring up an investment account (example a brokerage account). I go to update it from a statement. (example change in account value) I'll use the enter transactions drop down and use either deposit or withdrawal. I start to key in the payee and it populates the previous transaction I put in. I 'll change the date and enter the amount from the statement. I hit either enter/new or enter/done and it the puts the amount that was in the dropdown before I changed it. I then have to then go into the tranaction and enter the correct amount.

This is how I always did it. It worked in 2017 for years. Since I decided to move to the paid subscription it hasn't worked. I've also run into issues when I enter a transaction I get an invalid date message. I will send that out when I get a chance to recreate it. Doing QA on Quicken really wasn't on my list of priorities, but I'm using it more and its starting to be a PITA.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Contact Q Support. Your verbiage is too confused for me to follow, and you seem to have multiple issues.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.