Wells Fargo Billpay

Options
ekean45
ekean45 Member ✭✭

Windows version R52.33 build 27.1.52.33

When using one-step update and entering a bill-pay for Wells Fargo, it is getting stuck in "send" status and not downloading any new transactions. Appeared to start happening a few days ago. Today is 10/22/23.

I disconnected all of the accounts and then reconnected again (direct connect) with the same results. I then went to the Account Details, Online Services tab and under Online Bill Payment , Action, and went to Set up bill Manager link. I disabled the checking account I used to make the billpay. I then went back to re-enable it and Quicken crashed. Rebooted my PC and did the same thing to re-enable and it crashed at the same place.

Did a validate and repair - same results.

Tagged:

Comments

• ekean45
    ekean45 Member ✭✭
    Options

Should also add that when I do a one step update, it immediately gives a complete status.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wells Fargo could be experiencing difficulties. I'd, first, try resetting the account. If that doesn't resolve the issue, restore a backup of a known-good data file and see if that resolves the issue.

• ekean45
    ekean45 Member ✭✭
    Options

That is my thought as well but it's doing that for a few days now. Not only did I do a reset, which is the initial thing I do whenever I have an issue specific to a bank, I disconnected the account, cleared the account info, and started from the beginning as if I never connected before.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What happens if you create a new data file, enter a Wells Fargo account, and set-up a download test? If OSU fails, you can probably assume it's a Wells Fargo issue and you might give their tech support a call. Although, I am not experiencing any OSU issues with Wells Fargo. If it still fails with a brand new data file, the issue is on your computer and more troubleshooting would be necessary to resolve it.

• ekean45
    ekean45 Member ✭✭
    Options

good idea - I'll try that

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, I meant to say…. If it works with a brand new data file, the issue is on your computer and more troubleshooting would be necessary to resolve it.

• ekean45
    ekean45 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Immediately gave me an error message "We could not connect (It's not your fault)". Also suggested to go to www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup for first time users - which I did and had the same error message.

I'm assuming at this point that it is a Wells Fargo issue and will wait a day or so to see if it is fixed.

Just curious - have you attempted to do a bill pay from Wells Fargo today?

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No, I don't use Quicken Bill Pay. I prefer to go online and use Wells Fargo Bill Pay. I haven't done that in the last three or four days, though.

• ekean45
    ekean45 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just an update on this, I figured if I could not find anyone else having this issue, it must be on my side in some way. I decided to uninstall and then reinstall Quicken. Now it works.

This discussion has been closed.