CItibank - Adding error when creating a new wire service payee

Options
Phil Burton
Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta

I wasted lots of time, cleared my browser cache, etc.

I was trying to add a new wire service payee. I did some cut-and-paste into several fields, and each time the creation process ended with a "technical issue," no further detail.

I kind of blundered into the issue. The cut and paste include the "&" character, and this input was accepted. However, when I did direct typing into the same fields and tried to type in an "&" character, the website did not accept the input. When I replaced the & with the word "and" as needed, I was able to create that new payee.

This behavior in the website accepted by a supervisor in the phone/online support department as a bug in the website.

Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which Quicken window or webpage were you working with?
    Could I trouble you to include an image snapshot of the Quicken window or webpage giving you that problem and post it here in this discussion, for all to see? (Do be sure to black out or crop all sensitive personal information before posting)

What's the payee name?
    In some instances I've seen names containing "&" and, to work correctly, one had to double the ampersand: "&&"

• Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@UKR

It was the Citi website. If I implied it was a Quicken page, then my bad.

Since I did manage to add that payee, I can't reproduce the steps I took. Sorry.

Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
This discussion has been closed.