Quicken freezes on all online updates

Options
hlcny
hlcny Member

Hi, after one of the innumerable Quicken updates (to R52.33 build 27.1.52.33) none of my online accounts update. I've tried one step update, or updating each account individually (ctrl+alt+U), with the same result:

After an initial flurry of activity, Quicken gets stuck on the update screen, is completely non-responsive except for the spinning circle, it grays out at "Processing data", and eventually I have to kill the process (cntrl+alt+delete → end the quicken process).

This happens all accounts (Chase, Amex, AA Mastercard). I've also tried resetting the accounts. The reset process itself appears to work, but then I'm back to the same result and have to cntrl+alt+delete out of Quicken.

Following a similar discussion, I tried Validating and Super Validating the file. No luck.

I'm on Windows 11 and have been using Quicken on this computer fine for the past 4 years, up until the latest update, and on previous computers since the mid-1990s.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How long are you waiting before you kill the process?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• gafranc469
    gafranc469 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having the same problem with the One Step updating freezing and having to Cntl - Alt - Del out of Quicken. I have waited up to 30 minutes for it to self correct with no luck. I also have validated and super validated with no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire program but it still freezes the One Step update

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gafranc469 Please start your own discussion here. Trying to research the issues of 2 people simultaneously invariably results in confusion.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• hlcny
    hlcny Member
    Options

I have waited up to several hours for the update before cntrl+alt+deleting to kill the process. It's definitely not an issue of it simply taking a long time (and even if it was, it would be unacceptable…)

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you think a recent Quicken patch version update is causing the One Step Update hanging/freezing/stalling issue, you can try reverting to a previous patch level:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.