One Step Update freezes on all updates

Options
gafranc469
gafranc469 Member ✭✭

I am also having the same problem with the One Step updating freezing and having to Cntl - Alt - Del out of Quicken. I have waited up to 1 hour for it to self correct with no luck. I also have validated and super validated with no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire program but it still freezes the One Step update. I have rebooted the computer again with no luck.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you think a recent Quicken patch version update is causing the One Step Update hanging/freezing/stalling issue, you can try reverting to a previous patch level:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• dairydoc
    dairydoc Member
    Options

Same problem here and tried the recommended validations. The program seems to be running fine. Is there any reason to revert to an older version if everything works except for the OSU freezing at near completion?

• gafranc469
    gafranc469 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have turned off One Drive and placed the quicken data file on the C:\ drive. One Step Update is still freezing and will not update. As dairydoc said above, the program seems to be running fine except for the one step update. I even tried updating accounts one at a time which also resulted in the update freezing.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not the Quicken program as I don't have any issues with OSU, but likely your data file. I'd try Resetting all the accounts in OSU. If that doesn't work, try creating a new, test file. Enter an account in OSU and see if it freezes. If it doesn't, you have your answer on what's wrong and I'd deactivate everything and reactivate all accounts. If it does, there's must be something amiss with the Qucken configuration.

• Julie15
    Julie15 Member
    Options

I am also having the freezing issue. It has been happening to me for well over a year. I didn't renew Quicken for 6 months because of it, but recently decided to renew it. I have done the validation, super validation and uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken with no luck. I have also reset the accounts I want updated. When I do the one step update it freezes and i need to end the task in task manager. I have also never been able to save to the cloud either - always freezes. Frustrating!

This discussion has been closed.