R52.33 - OneDrive and other download issues (edit)

Options
727Richard
727Richard Member ✭✭

After years with Quicken, suddenly I cannot get to my QDF on One Drive??? After two phone calls with Quicken support I have to move file and lost all my bank download capability. Now, when I try to reestablish bank downloads my screen FREEZES!!! What in the world is Quicken doing????

VERY, VERY upset with Quicken!!!!

Any solutions for updating bank download without freezing the program???

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had a similar problem when I enabled OneDrive.

Where did the support agent have you move your Quicken file to?

Did you use Windows Explorer to move the file, or did you use File > Copy or Backup from inside Quicken? If Copy or Backup, did you make a copy or do a complete backup and then restore it?

Do you have a recent backup of your data file?

QWin Premier subscription
  • 727Richard
    727Richard Member ✭✭
    Options

The support agent had me move it to my hard drive. When asked about how to store a back up agent said to get an external hard drive. Ha! Antique solution. What is quicken doing to get back onto one drive?

Also, I cannot download from all my banks. I can set up on-line download from a couple banks, but others just lock up quicken. Very frustrating since R52.33!

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pausing OneDrive before starting Quicken should help with issues opening your file. To do this,

1. Exit Quicken if it is running.
    2. Locate the OneDrive cloud icon in the System Tray, at the bottom right of your screen. It may be in the overflow area, accessed by clicking on the up arrow at the left of the System Tray.
    3. Hover your mouse over the OneDrive icon and wait for the popup to say Up to date. This may take some time, be patient.
    4. Right click on the icon and select Pause syncing. Choose a time longer than you will be using Quicken.
    5. Restart Quicken.
    6. Exit Quicken when you are done.

Please post back and let us know if it works normally now.

Bank downloading is a different issue.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.