Bank Transactions not updating, just hangs

Options
OM13
OM13 Member

Long time user. This week Quicken Classic asked me to reauthorize my Chase accounts. It said it was done successfully. Now it is is non-responsive for Chase & Citi Credit Card.

Answers

• hlcny
    hlcny Member
    Options

I am having the same general issue, after many years of Quicken working just fine. I've posted this problem to this user forum so far with no answer. So I'm re-posting my earlier post here in the hope that someone will pick it up:

"Hi, after one of the innumerable Quicken updates (to R52.33 build 27.1.52.33) none of my online accounts update. I've tried one step update, or updating each account individually (ctrl+alt+U), with the same result:

After an initial flurry of activity, Quicken gets stuck on the update screen, is completely non-responsive except for the spinning circle, it grays out at "Processing data", and eventually I have to kill the process (cntrl+alt+delete → end the quicken process).

This happens all accounts (Chase, Amex, AA Mastercard). I've also tried resetting the accounts. The reset process itself appears to work, but then I'm back to the same result and have to cntrl+alt+delete out of Quicken.

Following a similar discussion, I tried Validating and Super Validating the file. No luck.

I'm on Windows 11 and have been using Quicken on this computer fine for the past 4 years, up until the latest update, and on previous computers since the mid-1990s.

Any help would be much appreciated!"

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you think a recent Quicken patch version update is causing the One Step Update hanging/freezing/stalling issue, you can try reverting to a previous patch level:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.