TD Canada Trust - Easy Web displaying incorrect online balance -VISA card only, not checking/savings

Options
pollokev
pollokev Member

What is happening with this issue? It has been going on for over a year. It seems that Quicken just closes the discussion after a while rather than fix it. I launched a ticket but that resulted in no action. It is still an issue! Please fix it!

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @pollokev,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-5053)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I'll wager that the development team can't fix this (and, oh, that statement is great fodder for so many potential jokes, but I digress). My wager is that TD Canada Trust has the sign wrong (i.e. credit versus debit) in the downloaded data. Someone will need to contact TD Canada Trust and get them to fix their data export coding. I believe everyone will be waiting for Godot if they are waiting for this to get fixed in a release. We've seen this same problem with various financial institutions before and the fix has been to get the FI to fix their downloaded transaction data coding. Your Online Banking Team should work with your aggregator, Intuit, and the financial institution, TD Canada Trust, to get this fixed.

If it was an application coding error it wouldn't just affect one type of account with one financial institution. This is a TD Canada Trust issue.

• BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    Options

I have credit cards and accounts with TD Canada, I never got that problem. Could be on your side.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are both you and the OP using the same download method? i.e. are both of you using Web Connect or both using Express Web Connect? TD Trust offers both download methods and the two methods could produce different results.

Some additional information would be helpful here, including a screenshot of the problem from the OP.

The OP should create a brand new Quicken file and test this using both download methods - testing each one in a unique, brand new test file.

I don't bank with TD, so I am unable to test any of this. I do agree that it is possible that there could be something going on here other than a TD Canada coding issue. I still hold to my assertion that it is very unlikely this is a Quicken application "bug". I'd like to see screenshots and understand which download method(s) are involve and the behaviour in a brand new file - for both download methods.

• BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    Options

Good comments, I am using Web Connect. I never use the Express one but could test if needed.

• Chappy
    Chappy Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm sure it is a TD problem, I use express to update transaction, then once a week I do a web connect to reconcile, Years ago I spent hr's on phone with TD to correct it, they corrected it for a short period of time. I no longer have the patience to deal with them again :(

This discussion has been closed.