Shares transferred between accounts is not showing as an Action option

Options
Dhays
Dhays Member
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I'm trying to move some shares between a Traditional and a Roth IRA. The transactions did not appear when using direct connect with Schwab but the account balances are correct. I want to manually transfer those shares but the "Shares Transferred between Accounts" action option isn't appearing in the drop down list.

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

What drop down list? Are you starting with the Enter Transactions button?

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

What drop down list? Are you starting with the Enter Transactions button?

• Dhays
    Dhays Member
    Options

I was trying to do it in the register view…. Thanks. When I do with with the Enter Transaction button it appears. Doh…!@

• GeezerGeek
    GeezerGeek Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, don't feel like a dummy or at least not the only dummy. I tried the same thing and could not find the move shares transaction in the drop-down on the registry either. It should be there. I always enter transactions directly in the registry and if an extended entry is needed with the entry, then you get the pop-up screen. Adding Transfer Shares to the registry drop-down list should be done for the benefit of dummies like you and me.

Quicken user since 1991, DOS version
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In recent releases of QWin, all the actions have been added to the popup menu in the register, including Transfer Shares. I'm running Premier, maybe this isn't available in lesser editions?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Rocket J Squirrel Interesting — I had not taken note of that expansion but I see it in my R48.8 Premier release.

I do note that the Employee Stock Options transactions (Grant, Exercise, Reprice, Bought and Sold) are missing, but I have none of those. Likewise the Partnership transactions are missing (I have none of those either). Those may be on an as needed basis I suppose.

Also missing from the Action pull down selection are the three Corporate actions - SpinOff, Acquisition, and Name Change. Name change just becomes a Reminder transaction. Mutual Fund Conversion is also missing.

I'll have to remember (I guess) that the button selection "Shares Transferred between Accounts" is a "XfrShrs" selection from the Action field. (not terribly intuitive).

Thanks for expanding my knowledge.

This discussion has been closed.