Why does existing Investment Account in Quicken show up as Checking when enabling online access?

Options
Brad W
Brad W Member ✭✭

I'm trying to add 2 different Chase Investment accounts (already existing in Quicken) to online access. When going to authorize them in Quicken, they are being recognized as Checking / Savings accounts (and as a result, I can't link them to the correct existing Investment Accounts since those won't show up in the list . The Accounts within Quicken are properly set as Investment Accounts. I've tried shutting off all Chase online access and re-enabling, but no luck.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken does not always match new account setups to the correct accounts. So, it is really important to pay attention to this popup (like you did) and not simply blow through it because it becomes more difficult to correct later.

If you have not already done so, you might want to try taking the following steps. You probably won't need to do all of these. Often, just 1-2 of these things will take care of the matter:

• IMO, this is the 1st and most important troubleshooting step to take: Try clicking on the Action field to see that they are linked to the correct accounts in Quicken. If not, select the correct account and the Type and Nickname will usually then autocorrect.
    • Try clicking on the Type ("Checking" and "Savings"). Sometime that will allow us to correct the account Types that are shown.
    • If the Nicknames in Quicken are still wrong, you could try clicking those nicknames to see if they can be corrected.
    • Remove the Financial Institution name and Account Numbers from the General tab of Account Details. If the manually entered information does not match exactly what the financial institution downloads it can cause an account mismatch issue during Add Account or Set Up Now. Then, try doing Add Account or Set Up Now, again, and see if that resolves the issue for you.

Did any of these steps resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.