Having problems with CC-503 error

Options
Rob Applin
Rob Applin Member ✭✭

Several of the banks that I have had no problem with in the past are now giving CC-503 error. I am able to log on to their site with no problem. Am I alone? Running the latest version of quicken Premier. Any solution?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please tell us the names of the banks involved.

Have you followed these instructions?
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503

If you have more than one account at a single bank, be sure to deactivate ALL accounts with this bank while following the above instructions.
    Use Tools / Add Account instead of Setup Now to reactivate the accounts with that bank. If you see instructions to access a special webpage at this bank for authorization, please do so and, once finished with the authorization process, return to Quicken to resume activation.

• Rob Applin
    Rob Applin Member ✭✭
    Options

The names of the banks are, The Savings Bank located in Wakefield MA (tsbawake24.com) and Institution For Savings in Newburyport MA (institutionforsavings.com)

• Rob Applin
    Rob Applin Member ✭✭
    Options

I've followed all the suggested solutions to no avail. Now instead of CC-503 error I'm getting CC-929 (too many attempts) HA HA. tried all suggested resolutions for that too. Ready to give up.

• frandino
    frandino Member
    Options

Same problem with my file. Each time a subscription update was installed, another back started to return cc-503. I have 2 tickets open. this problem has been occurring for over 6 months. Support has just said I will get an email when a solution has been reached. This issue I think is unique to my file and believe I (a single user) am not a priority for quicken support. Frustrated as the software has slowly been less and less functional since the subscription model has been initiated.

• frandino
    frandino Member
    Options

I have done the recommended fix in this thread, no resolution. I call every month since 2022 and now every week just to continue to be on supports radar and get and updates on the tickets. This occurs with all banks except Paypal.

• Rob Applin
    Rob Applin Member ✭✭
    Options

Well the latest is CC-503 has turned into CC-929 and NOTHING I do will get rid of it. I've tried creating a whole new file, deleting the account that was giving the error and starting from scratch. Nope, even that didn't work. Most other accounts aren't affected. Is it the way that Quicken interacts with the bank's website?

• Rob Applin
    Rob Applin Member ✭✭
    Options

I can still download transactions directly from the bank's website as a QFX file but not through one step update.

• tjkandjm
    tjkandjm Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issues that you mention. Actually it seems to begin with a CC800 during a OSU, then as I try to "Fix It" or to "Reset the Account" I get CC 503 and eventually I get CC 929 that I cannot resolve no matter what. I tried everything that you mentioned as well and it did not help. (Sign in as different user/ create a brand new test file / use the add account from the tools menu etc….) Also called support and am stuck waiting for level 3 support to email me.

Obviously not a high priority case as you mentioned but extremely frustrating since I cannot trust OSU anymore even on the accounts that it claims to successfully update I am beginning to notice that the "online balances" on some accounts may be a week old even when the last update date at the top of the account indicates a successful update much more recently than last week and the bank's balance is not what quicken is claiming the online balance to be.

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Same exact problem here. VERY frustrating. Everything was working fine, nothing changed except an update from Quicken. 😞 I deactivated following the instructions given in this thread. Try to add, put in user name/pw and it says login info incorrect. I turn around, use the same exact credentials and login with no problem on the web.

This discussion has been closed.