How did my data get onto the Qweb, and how do I get rid of it??!!

Options

I don't log in that often to Quicken, as I use the Windows desktop version (since 1993!). But I just did so and found to my horror that there is some data there, including very recent transactions. This has to be from my data file. But I never deliberately did anything to transfer data, and I don't want to. I went to Preferences, and Sync is off, so how did this happen. And I can't figure out how to get rid of the data that is there, and … will it happen again??!!

Answers

• Rob Price
    Rob Price Member ✭✭
    Options

I just found the Accounts tab, and see that it is showing me one institution that I have loans with, and the transactions are from that. I deleted that (at the web level), and that should fix it — nothing else is there. But I don't have an idea how this got there in the first place. Under accounts in Quicken, I don't see a way to individually "link" the account with the web.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should check your desktop settings - and see if you have the Cloud enabled -

Also - what bank was showing up on the web - depending upon the protocol used, that data is actually going thru a proxy service, that in turn makes it avail to your desktop downloading AND therefore it is also avail on the web -

Look at your Quicken Account List - and review which transaction download protocols are being used -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.