Payment details view not showing the register view

I created a new car loan to track in Quicken. Howver, under Payment Views—I cannot make the register view display and the options under the Actions gear icon in upper right is missing those choices. These same options are showing for other loans I've set up. I'm not sure what I'm missing with this new account. Any help would be appreciated it.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you set up the new loan account with a connection to the mortgage company for transaction downloading?
    If so, your loan account register in Quicken will not have a transaction register.
    Anything downloaded from your checking account does not know about principal and interest amount splits.

• Deactivate the loan account and your loan account register will become visible again.
    • Review the Scheduled Reminder created by the loan setup process for making payment from Checking to the mortgage company. Do make sure that Principal and optional Additional Principal amounts are categorized correctly as transfers to the "[loan account name here in brackets]" account.
    • Execute the Reminder a day or two BEFORE the due date and BEFORE you download transactions from the checking account containing the loan payment confirmation. This way you'll have a correctly categorized transaction reducing the loan balance with each payment. Quicken will simply match any downloaded transaction to the already existing register transaction and not create any problems.

• Bill Neilan
    Bill Neilan Member ✭✭

Thank you very much for your response. I did as you instructed and it worked!. Now I just have to work on getting the entries correct.

• BobR1954
    BobR1954 Member
    edited December 2023

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

This discussion has been closed.