Edit transaction

Options
Suzanne SW
Suzanne SW Member ✭✭

I am trying to add a memo to a credit card transaction, but when I right-click and click 'edit transaction', I get a 'find and replace' dialog box with the transaction but I can't edit it at all. For the longest time, I just added a note, but I want to be able to see the content in the memo box where it'll appear in the register. I have to take an extra step to open Notes to see it. Why do i get a find and replace when I click on edit transaction?? Thank you in advance for any advice.

Suzanne

Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows user

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's just the way it works. It seems odd, but you can use the Find & Replace dialog to change the Memo field.

But the easiest thing is just to type directly into the memo field of the transaction in your register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Suzanne SW
    Suzanne SW Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, but I can't figure out how to change the Memo field when the F&R dialog appears. It won't let me edit the transaction. And I don't have a memo column with credit card accounts the way I do with bank accounts.

• Suzanne SW
    Suzanne SW Member ✭✭
    Options

Actually, I figured out how to add a column from another post, so I'll do this from now on. So useful.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good, glad you found that. And once you get one credit card register set up the way you like, you can quickly make your other credit card registers look the same.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.