How should "In Lieu of FRX" be entered

Options
mudtracker2
mudtracker2 Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

How should "In Lieu of FRX" be entered

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

More context needed.

It is possible this is cash received in lieu of fractional shares. Did some security you own recently split or spin off a subsidiary or similar?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I enter these as Sell transactions. You are basically selling the fractional share and getting cash for it and the brokerage considers it a separate transaction from the one involving the whole shares.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

More context needed.

It is possible this is cash received in lieu of fractional shares. Did some security you own recently split or spin off a subsidiary or similar?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I enter these as Sell transactions. You are basically selling the fractional share and getting cash for it and the brokerage considers it a separate transaction from the one involving the whole shares.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• mudtracker2
    mudtracker2 Member ✭✭
    Options

The stock was sold. I don't know why the fractional shares accumulated. The answer from Rocket J Squiller seems like a good solution. Thank you both for the quick reply. Both replies are very much appreciated.

Thank You

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Love RJS's new name

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.