How do I reauthorize my American Express card

Options
MMHILLS
MMHILLS Member

I have 2 american express accounts. When I clicked on the first one I was asked to reauthorize. I did that and it worked fine. Then when I clicked on the the second account, I accidently clicked on the same account. Now I can only get updates for the 1st account.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should be able to simply deactivate the 2nd AMEX Quicken Account, close Quicken, then go back to that Account, edit the Account, click on the "Online Services" tab, and then "Set up now."

If that doesn't work for some reason, deactivate both Accounts from downloading, delete the Financial Institution and Account Number information in both Accounts. Then close Quicken. Wait a few seconds, then open Quicken again and go back to one or the other Quicken Accounts and do the "Set up now" process. You'll be asked for the Financial Institution and log in info, and Quicken should find both accounts at AMEX. Make sure to LINK the Accounts properly to the existing Quicken Accounts.

• kokopelle
    kokopelle Member ✭✭
    Options

Help! I'm having similar issue with an American Express Credit Card that worked until a few days ago
    Deleted financial institution and account number. Close and Open quicken.

Go to account, Right Click on account to get Edit/Delete account, click on Online Services, Click Setup Now

Select American Express; Add Account Screen Displays

Click "Sign In"

Get second Add Account screen with a infinite rotating ball. Nothing in my Vivaldi browser.

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, none of these things are fixing the problem for me. I've tried several times during yesterday and today in case the issues were server-related, but I can't get all my accounts (I have three of them) reauthorized. I could only reauthorize the first one I tried, and the other two won't even when trying all these suggestions. Sigh.

This discussion has been closed.