Quicken just stops accepting transactions after ~ 10-15 entries

Options
gcmobley
gcmobley Member ✭✭

Hi, Been having this issue for maybe a month or so. I've run validation on my files etc. The symptom is simple really. After entering or updating maybe 10-15 transactions (manual or downloaded), Quicken simply stops saving the next transaction. If entering manually, it refuses to "save" the transaction. If reconcilling, it simply won't accept the next "match". To fix this, you must close quicken, and restart it… then it's good for another 10-15 transactions.

Quite annoying and this needs to be fixed please!. I can recreate it all day long. This started surfacing I'd say in the past 6-8 weeks. With all the various quicken updates, something slipped thru automated testing / QA. Thanks!

Comments

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It sounds like you've corrupted your data file. It's not a Quicken issue or we'd all be experiencing the symptom. If it worked a couple of weeks ago, and now it doesn't, first, I'd try restoring a backup from when you weren't experiencing this issue. Enter more than 15 dummy transactions and see if it still fails.

• gcmobley
    gcmobley Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion. Before posting the above I'd run validate and "super validate" on the quicken file(s). Everything checks out OK. This problem started after an update Q did a few weeks back… so I'm 99.99% confident it's something in that update and maybe something unique about my data… an outlier they had not counted on. Feels eerily similar to the reported, "Quicken cannot login to my data file with my long-time password…" which generated a lot of traffic. However, in my case, I've always paused MS OneDrive before starting Quicken and OD is not touching the Q files - so it's something else. My next step is to open a ticket I guess, with Quicken support. Thanks and have a great day!

BTW, this now closed discussion from 9/2022 sounds very similar and familiar. I'll have to check the memory size and usage →

This discussion has been closed.