No options quotes from Quicken again?

Options
PeteB713
PeteB713 Member ✭✭
edited January 7 in Investing (Windows)

Wasted hours with Quicken customer service two years ago trying to figure out how to get option quotes through Quicken. Finally got it solved through the community (using OCC format). It worked into July. Tried to add some new options last month and find I'm back to ground zero. Wasted hours again with customer service. Now I'm reading in the community that I have to allow Quicken to go through my broker to be able to update my option quotes. Really? My broker accounts are not linked to Quicken, never have been and never will be. I don't trust Quicken to handle my information responsibly and every time I deal with them, it drops further. My subscription (Business & Personal) is supposed to include real time quotes and previous day option quotes. I'm paying Quicken to provide those, not my broker. What gives?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you give the symbols for a couple of the options you are trying to get quotes for? Then others can try and might find how to make it work.

Also there have been some problems with real time quotes. You could try disabling that to see if it makes a difference. The setting is the bottom check box at Edit > Preferences > Investments

QWin Premier subscription
  • PeteB713
    PeteB713 Member ✭✭
    Options

Try the Walmart November 17, 2023 $170 Call . The OCC option symbol, which used to work, is WMT 231117C00170000. Format is the underlying symbol (WMT), single space, 2 digit year (23), 2 digit month (11), 2 digit day (17), "C" for call or "P" for put and the call price x 1000 with leading 0's to bring the total to 8 digits. I've tried it with no space after the symbol, one space after and two spaces after. None seem to work.

Thanks for the suggestion on disabling the real time quotes. I'll give that a try.

• PeteB713
    PeteB713 Member ✭✭
    Options

I did uncheck the real time quotes box. It didn't help. It looks like you only get that if your broker account is linked and none of mine are. Still doesn't explain why they can't update options daily like they claim they do. Do you know if they still use Morningstar for their updates and, if so, do you know the format it uses for option symbols.? I can't imagine they don't use the industry standard but I can't believe I'm the only one out there having this problem either.

• PeteB713
    PeteB713 Member ✭✭
    Options

A month and a half, three customer service reps, six plus hours on the phone, one case #, escalated three levels with one of the reps, and still getting crickets from Quicken. They were providing option quotes as recently as last July so what gives? I can't be only Quicken customer that trades options.

Here's an idea. You claim to provide the service. How about actually doing it?

This discussion has been closed.