Creating a budget in Quicken (Classic Premier) on Windows 11

Options
oxenberg
oxenberg Windows Beta Beta

If I create a budget and budget $100 a month for groceries, will the software alert me when I've exceeded or am close to exceeding that value?

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Independent of the Budget setup, there is an Alerts Center available (Tools / Alert Center) where you can set up for different alert formats if your monthly expenses in a category exceed a user supplied limit. Thus you could have the budget set up for $100 per month and have the alert kick in at $75 for the month. Lots of other Alert possibility if you're interested.

Answers

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you want to see it on a continuous basis create custom view and add budget to it

Select budget items to be displayed and you will see status continously if you select this particular view as your main view

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Independent of the Budget setup, there is an Alerts Center available (Tools / Alert Center) where you can set up for different alert formats if your monthly expenses in a category exceed a user supplied limit. Thus you could have the budget set up for $100 per month and have the alert kick in at $75 for the month. Lots of other Alert possibility if you're interested.

• oxenberg
    oxenberg Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Maybe I should create a new post for these next two questions and I will if suggested.

1, Meanwhile, does budget rollover work and when should I use it? Is there a way to set it for all categories at once?

2. Under the Budget Amount Options (gear icon) for a category, what is the default setting?

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.