New/Selected Existing Transaction Date Format Does Not Match Default/Preferred Date Format

Options
bimmer4me
bimmer4me Member ✭✭

In an account Register window, the DATE FORMAT generated for a new transaction or an existing selected transaction (MM/DD/YYYY) does NOT match the default date format of the other existing transactions in the Register (DD/MM/YYYY), making entering/editing the date a tricky and irritating process. "Feature" or "Flaw"?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

What version of Quicken are you using? What version of macOS?

On macOS, Quicken registers follow the date format set in macOS System Settings > General > Language & Region. Check what you have set there.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • bimmer4me
    bimmer4me Member ✭✭
    Options

Using Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100) on Mac OSX 14.0.

Language & Region date format is correct/preferred (DD/MM/YYYY) and all entries in the Register display are also correct for existing/unselected entries.

CTRL-N for a new transaction OR selecting/double-clicking an existing entry for editing pops the format to MM/DD/YYYY however. See screen grab.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Interesting. I use the US standard m/d/yy format, so I hadn't seen this. But I just checked on my system and am seeing the same thing you are. Looks like a bug. If I change the region to Canada, which changes the date format to yyyy-mm-dd, then that format remains the same during editing (unlike dd-mm-yy).

You can click menu Help > Report a Problem to report it. However, you won't get any reply or feedback from that. Your other option is to contact Quicken Support (link at the top) and let them screen share so you can demo the issue. That should make it back to the developers if they confirm the bug. As fellow users, we don't have any way to communicate directly to the developers from here in the community.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • carbamc
    carbamc Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem, and it's also present if you define a set of custom dates in the register to filter out transactions (i.e. 2023-11-01 to 2023-11-30). Editing a transaction or entering custom dates is done in MM-DD-YYYY. My Mac is setup to use YYYY-MM-DD.

Version 7.4.1 (Build 704.51555.100) on macOS 14.1.2.

• carbamc
    carbamc Member ✭✭
    Options

Forgot to publish the picture

This discussion has been closed.