Why do I have to type my quicken password twice.

Options

Since some recent update 27.1.52.33, when I type in my password, it fails, then takes me to a new enter password field and the password is pre-populated and if I click "OK", I am logged in. Is this the way it should work?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mlefebvre,

We have had reports of data file passwords not working, or that users are unable to open files. We are investigating the root cause of this issue, but in the meantime, If you are impacted by this issue, we recommend making sure that your Quicken file is directly on the C drive and not synched with any cloud backup service, such as One Drive.

You may follow this link to access the alert where you may bookmark it for any and all future updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ssinghass
    Options

I have notice that a correct password will fail every time since latest update, but if you "unmask" the password and hit enter again it works fine.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @ssinghass,

Thank you for this valuable information!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please try this:

Before you start Quicken, pause MS OneDrive. There should be a OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows Taskbar
    Start Quicken and see if it works better.
    When done working with Quicken resume OneDrive.

This discussion has been closed.