Getting a Response from Quicken Support

Options

Hi All,

My sync from Quicken Windows to the cloud has been broken for well over a week now, and it's made Quicken pretty useless for me. I called tech support, got some help at the basic level, but the issue is obviously beyond the tier 1 support. I've been referred up to "another team," but I've yet to hear from that team. When I call in, I get an explanation that said team "isn't available" and to "call back later."

Does anyone know any secrets for reaching a more advanced technician? I'm getting further and further behind in my accounting, and I can't afford for it to stay broken much longer.

Kyle

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My sync from Quicken Windows to the cloud has been broken for well over a week now,

Can you tell us more about this "broken" problem?
    Here in the Community we don't have access to what you have discussed with Support and/or what you may have tried already.
    A screen image snapshot with error messages or other helpful information would be good to have.

If I may ask, what are you trying to do that makes Sync to the cloud so important that you can't continue to use Quicken for Windows to keep up with your data entry?

• KyleJ
    KyleJ Member ✭✭
    Options

Honestly, I wish I could share more about the precise nature of the problem. Whenever I try to sync, the sync never completes . . . you can leave it on overnight — I've probably left it on for days — and it never finishes. This is a recent problem that emerged when I attempted to add a new online account, but removing the account didn't fix it. Support had me try resetting the cloud data, but this did not resolve the issue. They claimed to be referring it up to a level 2 technician, but I've heard from no one.

I ultimately returned to a previous backup and was able to get the file to sync. However, the sync screwed with many transactions over many years, and reconciliations wouldn't work because the balance is messed up. This seems to primarily have happened on recurring transactions. And, yes, I've validated and super-validated this file. I'm left with having to "reconstruct" the file by setting all transactions to unreconciled and then slowly working my way up to the present day. It's a nightmare, truthfully.

As to your question, I rely on both Quicken Mobile and the web to enter transactions when I'm away from my desk. So, there are transactions that need to make their way into Quicken. Plus, I think whatever wasn't working with the sync was preventing newer transactions from downloading (i. e. from the bank).

I suspect that the volume of history in the data file is causing issues in some way. I made a new file, set it up to sync, and it synchronized right away. Even my working backup file takes considerably longer to perform the same sync, even when I am synchronizing zero accounts.

• KyleJ
    KyleJ Member ✭✭
    Options

@UKR , here's the screenshot:

It starts out with the typical white background, and then it turns this grey color. And it will stay that way — for hours — with no results. It's been going on for well over a week now, I think.

Spoke with a technical support agent today, and he claims that this is a specific issue with a specific financial provider, Quicken for Windows, and Windows 11. There is no end . . . you must force-quit/end-task Quicken to get it to go away.

This discussion has been closed.