Trouble downloading transactions with new NASA Federal Credit Union's online banking

Options
KSC123
KSC123 Member

With the release of the new NASA Federal Credit Union's online banking system, connectivity with Quicken appears to be broken. I use the subscription Mac Quicken. I've tried a couple things: 1) "Update login" under Account Settings. Gives an error: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later". 2) I also tried disconnecting the account, then reconnecting it using "Connect Account…" and I get "NASA Federal Credit Union doesn’t support Quicken connections." Anyone have any success resolving this problem? I think NASA FCU is overwhelmed with the new release as I have not been able to get an Agent yet or a response to a secure message I sent either. Maybe they have disabled Quicken access? Seems unlikely though as they have supported it for many years.

Comments

• KSC123
    KSC123 Member
    Options

Further googling and I found a page on the NASA FCU web site (Quicken Community won't let me post the link since I am new to the forum). The page indicates that Quicken Web Connect is supported, which means you now have to manually download a QFX file. That is a nuisance and a big step backward for NASA FCU if you ask me. In the new online banking system, it is not immediately clear where you find the download button… turns out you can click on any account, and right above the recent transactions it presents you can see a tiny printer icon and right next to it a tiny download icon. Click the download icon and you can choose download format, date range, and which accounts to download. Once downloaded, double click on the QFX file on your device and Quicken will help you associate the transactions with the proper accounts in Quicken. All in all this is a step backwards for NASA FCU…. I didn't count all the steps involved, but it used to be precisely one (click on the refresh button in Quicken and ALL my accounts would load up the new transactions), and now I have to separately log in to the NASA FCU site, select an account, click a download button, select download format, select accounts to download, select date range, then click download, then double click the file then do a few more clicks within Quicken. I think you can see my sad point :-(

• PeterK
    PeterK Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've been having the same problem. If you're right, then yeah, this is a huge step backwards

• PeterK
    PeterK Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried it and you're right. It works, but a lot more steps. And I have to download each account separately instead of getting them all at once.

I hope that it at least remembers the date that I last downloaded, so it can fill in the start date

• KSC123
    KSC123 Member
    Options

Sadly, I don't think it remembers the date of last download. I did some experimenting and I think it is ok though… it seems smart enough to not import duplicate transactions even if you overlap the dates. You can select multiple accounts in that little download window at least, so you can do all of them at once. That worked fine for me. Still, lots and lots more steps, just for this one financial institution.

I did get a response from NASA FCU today and they highlighted that we can download the transactions as we are discussing, what Quicken calls "Web Connect". I am explaining to them now in my response that it is a big step backwards and will ask them to re-enable "Direct Connect". Maybe if enough of us make this request they will :-)

• KSC123
    KSC123 Member
    Options

(I hit submit a minute ago but my post never appeared. Trying again)

I counted carefully… now that the associations with me existing accounts are already confirmed, it takes these steps to do "Web Connect":

1. Go to NASA FCU web page then Click "Login"
    2. Enter username
    3. Enter password
    4. Click "login"
    5. Click on any account within your dashboard
    6. Click "Download" icon
    7. Select file format from drop down menu
    8. Select Start Date
    9. Select End Date
    10. Select account (I click once on Select All)
    11. Click Download
    12. Back on your computer, double click the downloaded QFX file.
    13. Assuming you already have quicken open, and have already associated the transactions with the right accounts already, new transactions now appear in your accounts in Quicken.

Compare this to Direct Connect method:

1. In Quicken, click prominent "update" icon in upper left. Few moments later, Done - for all accounts at all financial institutions, not just NASA FCU

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

this is the entry - and as mentioned, it appears that the only supported method for downloading is the manual QFX download -

10643 10643 10643 NASA Federal Credit Union
    https://www.nasafcu.com/ (301) 249-1800
    https://my.nasafcu.com/Authentication ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• KSC123
    KSC123 Member
    Options

Last bit from me on this thread. NASA FCU wrote me back and said "The request for the Direct Connect Quicken access was received and forwarded as a suggestion for future online banking improvements. While we cannot activate this feature at this time, your feedback is needed while we continue to make online/mobile banking updates."

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

just FYI = it looks like there used to be a Direct Connect entry - this was from June 2023 -
    and was recently deleted -

12964 12964 12964 NASA FCU - Direct Connect
    http://www.nasafcu.com 1-888-627-2328
    https://ebranch.nasafcu.com/HBNet/App/SignOn/ ACTIVE
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• KSC123
    KSC123 Member
    Options

I counted carefully… now that the associations with me existing accounts are already confirmed, it takes these steps to do "Web Connect":

1. Go to NASA FCU web page
    2. Click "Login"
    3. Enter username
    4. Enter password
    5. Click "login"
    6. Click on any account within your dashboard
    7. Click "Download" icon
    8. Select file format from drop down menu
    9. Select Start Date
    10. Select End Date
    11. Select account (I click once on Select All)
    12. Click Download
    13. Back on your computer, double click the downloaded QFX
    14. Assuming you already have quicken open, and have already associated the transactions with the right accounts already, new transactions now appear in your accounts in Quicken.

Compare this to Direct connect method:

1. In Quickem, click prominent "update" icon in upper left. Few moments later, Done - for all accounts at all financial institutions, not just NASA FCU

You still can't seem to download pending transactions either. I wish that was an option but I could not find it.

• ddilday8
    ddilday8 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just had the same issue. Express Web Connect no longer working for NASA FCU. I hadn't tried to connect via Quicken for about 3 weeks and just saw this. What a step back. Time to cancel my CC there. :( Glad I found this thread. Thanks for the heads up.

• Phil Tull
    Phil Tull Member ✭✭
    Options

Wow, I've spent days trying to fix this and now I see it's not me.

NASA redesigned their site and took away a lot of features, I just don't get it.

• TSPiper4
    TSPiper4 Member ✭✭
    Options

NASA - Faster, Better, Cheaper!

• Turac bener
    Options

This was a very useful feature. I encourage everyone to give feedback on the website.

This discussion has been closed.