American Express Savings Account

Options
Bruce Rose
Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭

What is Quicken doing to resolve the American Express Account setup and download issues? When can we expect resolution? Is Quicken even attempting to work with American Express to resolve the issue? Come on, y'all…get this problem fixed!!!

Like many others, I cannot setup or download transactions for my American Express High Yield savings account. I have completed all of the various suggested procedures provided here on the Quicken Community pages without success.

American Express states the following on their website at this URL

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/banking/online-savings/faq/mint-or-quicken/

"At this time, American Express Savings does not allow sites like Quicken or Mint to log in on behalf of our customers. This protocol is in place to protect Savings customers’ personal information. Savings does allow you to download transactions so that you can import them into sites like Quicken or Mint…"

Comments

• SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to set this up today - use American Express - Banking as the financial institution. Works now

• stuardroth
    stuardroth Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine worked for several weeks with the annoying 2 factor authorization and now i get nothing. Another black eye for Quicken. But how about their new logo….

• wjslam
    wjslam Member ✭✭
    Options

American Express - Banking worked for me also.

• SCalder
    SCalder Member ✭✭
    Options

Not working. AmEx website says it blocks Quicken

• 99donlan
    99donlan Member
    Options

Is a Seperate password needed for Amex Savings?

• 99donlan
    99donlan Member
    Options

Never Mind.

Thanks SK2020😀

• s.munton2
    Options

Unable to download transactions from American Express High Yield Savings Account. I've tried downloading both from Quicken and from within the AMEX website; neither worked. Spent two hours on the phone with Quicken and they could not resolve the issue.

• ctimes3
    ctimes3 Member
    Options

I've had AMEX card accounts for years and recently set up HY Savings. I access both online using my usual card credentials but wasn't getting the savings downloads in Quicken. As suggested by sk2020 and some others, I used "American Express - Banking" (not "American Express" or "American Express Bank FSB") and now connected with HY savings account. Don't know if it matters but I previously set up savings acct manually in Quicken and so ran "online setup" from the manual account and both AMEX accounts are updating.

This discussion has been closed.