Can't download AmEx credit card transactions

Options
2»

Answers

• whitewolf
    Options

Changed display to personal. That works but not how I need to run my business! Never had this kind of issue before in 20 years of using Quicken. I am looking for alternatives

• Tony@a
    Tony@a Member
    Options

I have been having the same problem since the end of October. Spent a couple of hours with Quicken support online trying various options. Ended up importing the transactions in which is a nightmare as they do not all come in as of the same date, so difficult to keep track. I sent back and restored a two month old file today to see if that made any difference, and no.

Was doing some research and saw this thread and switched to "personal" from business, and it is working.

QUICKEN, tell your support people about this temporary fix!!!!

• miami33133
    miami33133 Member ✭✭
    Options

Please Quicken, let us know when we can switch from "personal account" back to "business account" so that I can separate my personal and business transactions!

• kwh
    kwh Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Problem fixed (at least for me). Thanks LouB and Battagja. I had 3 Amex accounts - 2 personal, and 1 business. After the transition, my 2 personal accounts worked fine but my 1 business account didn't (no transaction downloads, didn't show on-line balance, etc). De-activating and re-activating wasn't enough to fix the business account. I had to de-activate the accounts, change the 1 business account to "personal" in the display option, re-activate and re-link. Very relieved to get this working again…

• RJ
    RJ Member ✭✭
    Options

I was having the same download issues in my two AMEX credit card accounts (suddenly stopped downloads of transactions, but NO error messages). Reset(ting) the account resolved the issue.

• albert bodamer
    Options

^^Same. Resetting the account resolved the issue.
    Thanks.

• gigaboy
    gigaboy Member
    Options

After working with Q and Amex Tech Support Teams, I visited this thread. Good ideas here, since neither Team had the answer.

In my case, I have Quicken Classic (no Business), which I downgraded last year from Q Home and Business. So there was not an option to change the display option to "Personal". My only choices were Credit (where its always been set), and Liability.

So, I changed the display option to liability, which disconnected it from Amex. Closed and reopened Q. Then changed the display option back to Credit. Closed and reopened Q. Then reattached the account to Amex to retrieve the transactions, and after a bit of time, it WORKED!

• smoothdoc
    Options

any update from quicken on the issue of not being able to download American express transactions? Haven't heard from quicken in almost a month.

• BrianH
    BrianH Member ✭✭
    Options

Don't know if you saw my post earlier. Worth a try -
    Went to try again and got a message to reactivate the account. Did that and then One step update updated the Amex account normally. Hopefully problem is solved

• FinleyD21224
    FinleyD21224 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was so hopeful this was going to work with my Personal edition. Tried all the previous suggestions and yours still to no avail……..very frustrating! If anyone else has a recommendation please. Q support wants me to create a new test file and try the whole thing all over again, when the issue is theirs to fix; it's a glitch they need to resolve.

• longface_2
    longface_2 Member ✭✭
    Options

I saw in this chain to make your cards "personal" instead of business. I did this, and my transactions downloaded. I since switched the account back to "Business" and I have had no issue. I do not know if this works in the opposite for Personal cards being switched to "Business", then back.

• FinleyD21224
    FinleyD21224 Member ✭✭
    Options

There is no "business" option for me………. Thanks for responding!

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Somewhere one of the volunteer Quicken folks posted that the basic and Deluxe versions of Quicken do NOT have this feature, so I'm guessing only the Premier version has it.

• JCComputerWerks
    Options

My fix was was simply changing from business to personal and now all of my transactions download! Thanks forum!

• FinleyD21224
    FinleyD21224 Member ✭✭
    Options

I wish I had that option…..still no dice for me. Wish Quicken would do something about it.

• Meebers
    Meebers Member ✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

I do not have the option to change to personal. I only have one account, perhaps that is by default personal???

From past results, a "reset" double down loads transactions, a complete mess to straighten out.

AEB cc is the only one that just sets a blue circle instead of giving me a choice to download?

• John Robinson
    John Robinson Member ✭✭
    Options

This is STILL an issue. It is now January 17th. I cannot download Amex transactions. It says it does it, but nothing comes across. Have worked with Support and they have been on my computer taking screenshots and finally have proven the issue to them./ It was escalated - whatever that means. Deactivating and reactivating does nothing. I have been a Quicken customer since it's first release in 1983. Almost 40 years. I spent most of today looking for another software solution since it is clear that support is no longer available. This has become ridiculous…

• siegelmichael
    siegelmichael Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

Any updates on this issue?

• hashby
    hashby Member ✭✭
    Options

I wish I had discovered this discussion sooner. After a few months of trying assorted things to get my Amex Business transactions downloading I tried the suggestion to change the Account Intent to Personal and suddenly I was able to complete setup and received transactions. My workflow was: 1) Deactivate online services 2) Change Account intent to Personal 3) complete Online setup

Also, I changed it back to Business later and I continue to get new transactions even after the change.

This discussion has been closed.