HELOC account on Quicken Deluxe for Mac 7.3.2

Options
luyendyk
luyendyk Member ✭✭

A few years back, I created a HELOC account as a loan. It really doesn't make sense, and downloads are confusing. Can I convert this "loan" account to a credit card? That's what Quicken recommends for a HELOC. Otherwise, I understand that I need to create a new credit card account for the HELOC and delete the former HELOC "loan" account. Which works?

Tagged:

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2023
    Options

Yes, you can convert a Home Equity loan to a credit card. I'd suggest making a backup of your account first.

Right click on the account in the sidebar and select Account Settings. Next to the account type there should be a "Convert To Liability" button; click on that.

Once that's done, go back into Account Settings again. This time click on the Account Type pulldown and change "Liability" to "Credit Card".

When I did this on a test account, it put a couple Live Adjustment transaction into the account - one that added the loan balance & one that took it back out again. You might need to tweak one or both of those transactions to get your account balance where it should be.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.