Discover Bank IRA CDs - Not visible as an Account via Quicken

Options
BarryMo
BarryMo Member ✭✭✭

If I go to add a new account and authenticate, my IRA CD is not included in the list of accounts that is retrieved. This occurs even with a brand new file. It looks like is being blocked for some reason.

Anyone experience this issue too?

Any suggestions?

If you call Discover, they just tell you they do no support Quicken.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's Discover's decision as to what can be downloaded. Apparently, they don't allow CD's to be downloaded as accounts.

BUT, a CD is actually an Investment item. Can you re-create your CD's as such … being sure to give them different names, such as "CD 24-09-18 5.25" for a CD expiring next September.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

CDs can be downloaded, not IRA CDs.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried downloading them as INVESTMENTS, vs accts?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Discover bank does not support Quicken downloads. You connect via EWC. Like I said before, if I go to add a new account and authenticate, my IRA CD is not included in the list of accounts that is retrieved. Other CDs are included.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried setting up this IRA CD as a regular "offline" savings account and marking it tax deferred in the process?
    When set up, try to activate it from the Edit Account Details view / Online Services tab.

I have a regular CD with my local credit union. Because they're not a brokerage, it's set up as a savings account and downloadable as such.

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried but this did not make a difference. This account never shows up in Discover Bank's list of accounts via Add Account.

This discussion has been closed.