Quicken locks up on USAA download using OSU

Options
gtgarrison
gtgarrison Member ✭✭

Hello,

I am using Quicken Classic Business & Personal, Version R52.33, Build 27.1.52.33 on a new HP laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 7730U with Radeon Graphics processor, 16GB RAM (15.3 usable), running Windows 11 Home
, Version 22H2
, OS build 22621.2506
with Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0.

When I try One Click Update for my USAA accounts, the process starts with the One Step Update Progress dialog box open. Quicken and the ledger is grayed out in the background. The process runs for about a minute, then even the One Step Update Progress dialog box turns the same shade of gray. At that point, the user interface will accept no keyboard or mouse inputs. Each input results in a beep, an audible error indicator I suppose. It seems that Quicken is expecting some type of input, but there is no user interface to accept inputs, i.e. nothing has focus. The application behaves like there should be a modal on top of the One Step Update Progress on top of the Quicken application, but there is nothing. The only method I have found to stop the program is opening Task Manager and ending the task "Quicken Windows (32 bit)".

I can reproduce this behavior over and over when trying to connect with USAA. The application just freezes, hangs, whatever description you prefer. I cannot reproduce this behavior with Navy Federal Credit Union or the several institutions with which I do business.

I thought that I could export the QSF files and import them into Quicken as a workaround. However, I just got off the telephone with USAA technical support and learned from the representative that, as of February 2023, USAA no longer provides an export in QSF or QS* formats. Their only option is a CSV format, but Quicken does not seem to provide a means to import data based on CSV format.

What suggestions do you have to solve this problem if it is me or a workaround if it is the software, please?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• gtgarrison
    gtgarrison Member ✭✭
    Options

I already followed this suggestion below with no change in aberrant Quicken behavior.

• Hello @tgrue2,If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.Hope this helps
      1. Navigate to Edit
      2. Preferences...
      3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
      4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
      5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
      6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

This discussion has been closed.