Incorrect balance shown after download

Options

Is there a known problem where the online balance shown in quicken does not match the actual balance after downloading transactions for checking account?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It has been known to happen from time to time, yes, though I don't know if it's a bug in the sense of "a Quicken program problem" or if it's related to "the aggregator (Intuit) is picking up the wrong number from the Financial Institution's site." If I could make a bet here, my money would be on the latter.

Certainly the most frequent "wrong online balance" claim I've seen in here is that downloads of credit card transactions are including pending (not yet charged) transactions.

• dominic614
    Options

The balances do not match any that my bank displays online and Quicken adds a "balance adjustment" I can't trust Quicken anymore to compute my balances. This is affecting all of the accounts for this bank. My credit card accounts are fine. I am wondering if I should reinstall Quicken, or would the problem be the same if I use the same data file?

• bullmoon
    bullmoon Member ✭✭
    Options

I've had this issue several times. This last time, a few days ago. "Resetting" the account didn't fix it. I had to deactivate the online services for the account and set it up again and then it worked correctly.

This discussion has been closed.