Memorized Payee List - All Entries Blue

Options
Rob J
Rob J Member ✭✭

After lunching Quicken for anywhere from a few minutes to a day, the Memorized Payee List shown when I enter a transaction shows all payees in blue. Upon initial launch, only one of the entries is highlighted and I can scroll to the line I want. See below for screen shot.

I have reported this issue before and was instructed to reinstall Quicken - it did not help. I also did a Super Validate of my Quicken file. Several other people have reported this issue, and I have not seen any report that is has been resolved.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this a problem with the US version or the Canadian version of Quicken?
    Also please give us the Release number of Quicken. Click Help / About Quicken and look for "R xx.xx"

Can you keep typing to narrow down the selection list?
    Or can you mouse-click and select an entry?

Please tell us more about the computer system you use:
    Screen resolution, screen size? 4k hi res monitor?
    Windows PC or Mac with VM and Windows?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Powell River Curling Club is in British Columbia.

SO, are you using Q Canada?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rob J
    Rob J Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I am in Canada.

I can keep typing and the list narrows, and I can mouse click on an entry. Up/down arrow through the list works (the payee changes in the register entry, but some payees are listed multiple times if purchases are from multiple categories), but I cannot see the row that I am on. Essentially, it works fine other than all rows being highlighted.

Here is the other information requested.

I use 2 different monitors - the laptop itself, and a 2nd screen. Normally, I run Q on my 2nd screen as it is larger. Here is the screen resolution information.

PC

2nd Screen

Maybe it's related to the screen I use? Or a Windows update that occurred Tuesday. I started running Q on my PC screen yesterday, and so far the issue has not occurred.

I will update this post if anything changes.

Thanks for popping in with questions to help resolve this.

• Rob J
    Rob J Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, the problem has reoccurred on my PC screen. So much for thinking it was fixed by the Win update or an issue with only my second screen.

Something triggers this within the application or on my PC. Hopefully, someone has some ideas how to resolve this, or Quicken looks into and corrects the issue. I do not believe that I am the only user experiencing this issue based on other posts that I have seen.

This discussion has been closed.