Quicken corruption

Options
mortch
mortch Member ✭✭

I have been using Quicken for several years, and last year when I went to prepare my budget I discovered that my saved report of Actual vs Budget. Because of another issue I downloaded from Quicken….it did nothing to solve my problem. For planning purposes, it would be nice to see that detail. I have been unsuccessful in contacting Quicken—no response from them! I'm wondering if a switch to the web version would solve many of my Quicken issues. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dick

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure what you mean by the web version, and your present issues are unclear in your post. Do you mean web page version from within quicken or do you mean Quicken's simplifi? Simplifi is up to you. If your file is corrupt, then going to the web will not fix that as it relies on your existing file. Have you tried validating your file(under file menu)?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• mortch
    mortch Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your response…it was helpful. I had not validated the data. I was not aware of that, so I tried and got several results back. I will know by tomorrow am to know for sure if that suggestion of validation fixed any of my corruption. With regards to the web version question, sorry, I meant web version. I laughed 🙂 at your next response: (my) "issue(s) descriptions were intentionally vague…". I was hoping someone from Quicken would see this and give me a call. Meanwhile, thank you for your response. I'll let you know with a follow-up post: successful/Unsuccessful

Dick

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can also try Super Validate which is clicking validate while holding CTL and shift if not successful. Good idea to backup first.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your 1st sentence appears to be incomplete … what was it supposed to be?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.