Spectrum bill & one-time verification code requirement

Options

Spectrum bill has an "Attention Required" message on it's bill that it requires a one-time code to link my account. If it is a one-time code, then why is it asking for it daily? Or, maybe it's a daily-one-time code?

Tagged:

Comments

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I guess the best solution is to remove all the annoying online billers. Just stick to reminders and change the amounts manually every month.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also gave up trying to use online billers. They worked at first but now none of mine will. At least the reminders don't fail.😀

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please consider this alternative to using Bill Manager. Many banks and billers, in an attempt to better secure their computer systems from hackers, no longer support third-party data aggregators like Quicken, Intuit, etc.

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you UKR for the info/suggestion. However, Quicken should be recognized as a reputable program not a hacker, and those banks should honor the access. This means, Quicken should make arrangements with those institutions to obtain flawless access. Specially, when Quicken keeps asking for secure access/connection the banks/online billers should allow the access.

For example, Venmo keeps asking for security code texted to me in order to verify it's me. Every day? Why can't they verify the device I'm using once and for all?

Anyhow, at least the QuickPay is working through my bank, which makes it easy to pay bills 99% of the time.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your word in the billers' ears!
    Consider sending a letter or email to each biller's Office of the President of the company. Maybe that will get a ball rolling.

Meanwhile take the easy way out. Autopay your bills automatically every month from the billers' respective websites. They'll gladly debit your checking account on due date using a secure method that has been around for decades.
    No hassle. No late or missed payments. No daily prompt for 2FA codes for one monthly transaction.

This discussion has been closed.