Cash Flow page not showing entered invoices not yet paid | Skewing Inflow / Reports

Options

The cash flow page, which is on the Business tab, has huge potential if this apparent bug can be fixed.

PROBLEM: Processing an invoice has 3 steps.

1. Upcoming Invoice scheduled (it is displayed in cash flow)
  2. Entered Invoice…meaning invoice just got sent to the customer, so the uncoming invoice is entered and invoice number assigned etc… (❗THIS DOES NOT DISPLAY IN CASH FLOW and skews Inflow, affecting everything else)
  3. Payment is received from Customer and applied to the entered invoice (it is displayed in cash flow as deposit)

Please fix it so step 2 of the 3-step invoicing process is also included in the Cash Flow.

Tagged:

Comments

• CommonSenseEngineer
    Options

Bump…

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you use Cash basis or the accrual method for your reporting?
    See https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216999 for more information.

• CommonSenseEngineer
    Options

Hello, I use cash basis for the business and reporting.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

According to the webpage link I gave you above,

When you report on an accrual basis, you regard income as occurring as of your invoice dates and expenses as of your bill dates.
    When you report on a cash basis, you regard income as occurring when you are actually paid and expenses as when you actually pay the bills.

so, when using cash basis, an unpaid invoice cannot be shown as income yet.

• CommonSenseEngineer
    Options

Agree UKR, that would make sense to me. But even after changing it so all reports are based on accrual basis, that Business tab main cash flow dashboard does not change. Its not showing entered invoices (but not yet paid). So its missing all that "Expected Income" making the inflow, outflow and whats left column and totals inaccurate (i.e..broken / not working as expected).

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First: the display you're looking at is a "Cash Flow" display: basically by definition, an unpaid invoice does not have any effect on cash flow.

[Scheduled invoices do appear in the "Expected Income" section of Cash Flow display - and the "Scheduled Income" section of the Profit/Loss display.]

Second: the way I interpret Quicken Help, the "Cash"/"Accrual" basis options only pertain to the business reports/graphs found at Reports > Business (and possibly only those business reports that offer the cash/accrual option on the Advanced tab of their Customize dialog). So NOT the Business > Cash Flow report, which appears to be Cash basis only (which makes sense - see above).

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.