I get asked for my quicken Id password every time I use quicken now.

Options
bob@9
bob@9 Member ✭✭

This started a few weeks ago, I've tried the fix of logging out and logging back in, but every time I use the app it asks me for my quicken password. Very annoying and disruptive.

Any work arounds or fixes?

Thanks

Bob

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @bob@9,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? Was there anything else that happened around the same time, such as changing internet service provider, using or changing a VPN, getting a new computer, etc? Is this happening on the desktop app, mobile app, and/or Quicken on the Web? How frequently do you access Quicken (and get challenged for the password)? Do you switch between Quicken files that are associated with different Quicken IDs?

One thing that can help, if the issue is being caused by outdated/incorrect information in the Quicken cloud is resetting the cloud. To do this, first, backup your Quicken file, then go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. You should see blue link that says Reset your cloud data. Click that link and follow the prompts.

Note: If you do not see the Reset your cloud data link, then you probably have Sync turned off. You would need to turn Sync on, click OK, go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, then click the Reset your cloud data link. Once the reset finishes, you can turn Sync back off.

Once the cloud reset finishes, test to see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bob@9
    bob@9 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Kristina, I apprecate the detailed instructions, However it didn't work. I'm still getting prompted every time I open quicken. (always on the same machine).

Very odd, it's worked fine for years, this just started a few weeks ago.

Thanks

Bob

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To check for file specific issues that may be causing this, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• bob@9
    bob@9 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina, The super validate, along with refreshing the online data seems to have resolved the problem. Thank you for your help!

Bob

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.