Use of Investing Account in Rent Center

Options

Quicken imported a fidelity MMKT account as an investment account. I receive rent payments into this account and need to use it for show Rent Received in the rent center. However, only my "bank accounts" , not "investment accounts" are showing up as options for showing where the rent is received. How do I resolve this?

[Moved this post to Windows section of Community]

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Rent center? This sounds like a Quicken Windows feature (for the Business & Personal version) and not a Mac issue, is that correct?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"How do I resolve this?"

- Backup your Quicken file (to a different folder than the one where you keep your regular Quicken backups)
    - Go to Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders
    - Delete the Quicken-created Rent Reminder for your tenant
    - Click Add > Income Reminder in the Manage Bill & Income Reminders menu row to create a new Rent Reminder
    - Your new Rent Reminder should:
    -- Have a payee ("Pay to") name exactly the same as the Quicken Rent Center "Tenant" name
    -- Have a "Due next on" date that falls within the rental period specified in the Rent Center
    -- Have an "Amount due" equal to the rent amount specified in the Rent Center
    -- Have a "To account" of your choice
    -- Have a rent income "Category" with the appropriate Schedule E Tax Line Item assigned (for example: the Quicken out-of-the-box category, "Rent Income:Rents Received" will work)
    -- Have a "Tag" equal to the Tag specified for the Property in the Rent Center

If you are not pleased with the results, Restore from the backup you made.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.