Converting 2017 Quicken file

Options

I crashed my Windows computer running Quicken 2017 Home & Business. I can’t open my data file on a new computer and will have to upgrade to the subscription version. Will Quicken Personal convert my old Home and Business file (I no longer have a business use)?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is no "Quicken Personal" edition. There are Starter, Deluxe, Premiere and Home & Business. They will all open and work with you old data file, but Starter is not what you want, but Deluxe should work.

Quicken is now branded as Quicken Classic with the different editions appended to that.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is no "Quicken Personal" edition. There are Starter, Deluxe, Premiere and Home & Business. They will all open and work with you old data file, but Starter is not what you want, but Deluxe should work.

Quicken is now branded as Quicken Classic with the different editions appended to that.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and just be aware - the new Quicken subscription world has a little "reminder" -
    if your subscription expires, and you don't renew - you will have a large RENEW banner plastered on your Quicken screen -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.