Why did my salary income disappear from reports after 2005?

Options
desplin
desplin Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I was playing around with the new Lifetime Overview report and noticed that my salary income was not reported for the years after 2005. I looked at the specific paycheck transactions and they are all there and entered correctly. I also checked the income and expense by category report and find the same problem—the category Inc-Sal is not showing in the reports. It appears that this started with the 9/1/2005 paycheck. I don't use these reports very often since I retired, so I have no idea when the problem started. But I was hoping to gain some insights from the new report and now I don't trust any of the reports. Any ideas why the reports would suddenly stop including Inc-Sal category (and maybe others I haven't noticed?) I am using Quicken for Windows Classic Premier.

Doug

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you examine any of the problem paycheck transactions in detail by opening the paycheck transaction and confirming all the category and amount split details are intact?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• desplin
    desplin Member ✭✭
    Options

Actually, they are all exactly the same. I was working overseas, so there was no withholding—just a non-split transaction to Inc-Sal.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Only the programmer who wrote the new report could answer this question.
    As far as I can see it, it would depend on which categories are selected for the Regular Income column.
    If you feel like doing a quick test, change the "Inc-Sal" category and make it into a taxable category, with tax line item "W2:Salary or wages, self". Now regenerate the report and see if the numbers change.
    Either way, don't forget to undo the category change when done.

This discussion has been closed.